photo Screenshot2014-03-12at115230AM.png

Sing Sweet Nightingale...

11.15.2011

As I get closer and closer to being home with my beautiful little family, the excitement is hard to contain. I can't help but giggle and smile at the thought. One test and 3 days now, til I am once again laughing til I cry with my sister and holding my mom's hand…oh how wonderful!

This week has been beautiful, even with the little, very little bit of sleep I've enjoyed. No sleep makes me remember my younger years when I could rely on a full night's rest. And that brings to my mind the memory of falling asleep to my mother's lullabies. I can picture her face illuminated by soft light and her angelically ethereal voice as she sang songs of horses and true love, so my dreams at night would be marvelous.

At night Satie and I enjoyed the peaceful, beautiful songs, but in the morning we got mom's overbrimming excitement to see us. And it was in the form of a VERY loud rendition of "Good Morning" from Singing in the Rain. Sometimes I still hear her voice in the early morning after two hours of sleep and the alarm ringing. I can see her wide smile as she enjoyed our pain to be awoken to such bubbly loudness and was so completely excited to spend another day with her daughters. Her voice and that song still get me up in the morning at 25 years old.



How amazing mothers are. Their voices carry such love and safety and trust. As little ones listening to their lullabies, we feel capable. And our dreams seem attainable. And our joy is complete. I can't wait for my turn to be a mother. To sing to my children still inside my belly so they know my voice and then singing to them often as they grow. What an honor it is to be given this calling in life. To soothe and teach, to love and nurture, to plant ideals, dreams and hopes in our little ones through our voices. How lovely it will be! Thank you mother, for giving me your beautiful voice to grow up to and to be with me even when you are far away.

No comments :