photo Screenshot2014-03-12at115230AM.png

January: Sleep

1.01.2012

For the month of January it's time to make sleeping a PRIORITY!!


In sixth grade I began school at a private all-girls catholic school. It was perhaps the most incredible academic experience I have had yet, but it was also the most challenging. I began my pattern of not sleeping in 6th grade staying up late to finish those history projects and biology papers. In high school I could go longer than a week without sleeping (no caffeine mind you) and my body quickly learned to live on less sleep. Now, as I'm getting older :( I'm starting to see the benefits of sleep and how much better my brain and body work with it. While I USED to think that sleeping was a waste of time that I could use to accomplish and LIVE more, I now know that sleep is incredibly vital and results in longer life, better quality of life, and greater capacity.

My goal: Sleep no less than 6 hours every night and try, try, try, TRY, TRY for 8 hours every night.

Two presentations at Hopkins told me that if I didn't I would die young. Being that, at 25, I am close to that "die young" age, I need to start NOW!!


Note to self... I will also try to look this beautiful while sleeping

No comments :