photo Screenshot2014-03-12at115230AM.png

How Do You Live Life To The Fullest?

3.16.2012

Just saw Salmon Fishing in the Yemen with my beautiful mother. Absolutely adored it!

 I can't stop thinking though about the character Ewan McGregor plays and how he believed all he would ever do is live an ordinary, dull life (the one he thought he was "supposed" to live) and how that kept him from looking outside the box to see how he could live. And it got me thinking about how I have been like this character for so much of my life. I don't exactly know why, but I think it all boils down to fear. The fear of risks turning out to be mistakes. The fear I won't know what it is I want to do because I am unsure of who I am. The fear of not doing what I should be doing. I know this is all been said before. So very unoriginal! But I guess they are original to my life since it is today that I realized this is me. 

It's time to throw all that fear out the window and live a bit more. Once the fear is gone I can replace it with the gorgeous thought that each day is my own to create my life - something so completely and uniquely my own. It is the truest representation of myself, crafted by who I am and of course by God as well. I want it to scream this is ME and this is how I chose to LIVE. 

So any advice? How do YOU live life to the fullest?

1 comment :

Josh said...

One of my favorite quotes of all time: "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt." --William Shakespeare

This has been at the heart of me living life to the fullest lately.