photo Screenshot2014-03-12at115230AM.png

Dyrham Park

9.13.2013

On our way to camp in Bath for the night we stumbled upon a countryside paradise. Dyrham Park is every Jane Austen lovers dream. With 270 acres of rolling hills, classic architecture and a magnificent herd of fallow deer we just kept saying to each other "are we awake?"




The L'Orangerie was my favorite room. Beautiful orange trees lining the walls and sunlight pouring through the ceiling. 




We enjoyed a bite to eat and some chit chat in the courtyard. 





"Oh Mr. Finter, do you mean it, really?" "Why yes dear! Be mine and you shall have your very own herd of fallow deer." "Oh Mr. Finter! Then I shall marry you right away!" 



This was the best part of our day there! We were walking up the hill and all of the male deer moved rather quickly towards us grazing away. We were feet from them! 



Remember my obsession with running in fields. Well... I got a bit carried away at Dyrham Park and often forgot to make sure my Mr. Finter was with me.







Ladies, this was my Emma moment. 


We stayed at Dyrham Park til closing and still it was hard to leave. 



Absolute heaven.



No comments :