photo Screenshot2014-03-12at115230AM.png

Pan Seared Mahi Mahi

9.25.2013

One night I was feeling particularly chef-like and made this fish dish. It is the best thing I have ever cooked and really quite simple. I am trying to put recipes here that you can throw together with ingredients usually found in your home (I get so frustrated looking through cookbooks and finding nothing to do with the food I actually have in my house not the amazing things you can find in a cooking studio). However this recipe calls for white wine which may or may not be a staple in your home. 


Mahi Mahi

Thaw your frozen meat or pick up a fresh cut. Sprinkle with cracked peppercorn and sea salt. 
Lightly glaze a grill pan with lemon and olive oil (Or use this amazing Meyer Lemon Olive Oil)
Throw the fish on the grill and let them sear nicely until they are cooked through.

Dressing

In a saute pan, heat white wine (about 1/4 cup) and butter (about 1 tbsp) until alcohol cooks out. 
Add a teaspoon of pesto, salt, pepper and 3/4 of a lime's juice.

Pour dressing over fish and enjoy! 

No comments :